[News] KOffice 2 Approaches Beta, KDE Meeting in Spain

  • Subject: [News] KOffice 2 Approaches Beta, KDE Meeting in Spain
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 22:59:57 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
KOffice 2 Alpha 5 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| Immediately after the release of KDE 4.0 RC1, the KDE office suite KOffice
| today announced the release of version 2.0 Alpha 5.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1195765538/

Akademy-es 2007 in Zaragoza Spain

,----[ Quote ]
| This past weekend, November 16th through the 18th, Zaragoza Spain was the
| home of Akademy-es 2007. The conference began early Saturday morning and
| finished Monday with a Hackathon.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1195751102/

Related:

Key KOffice Developers Talk About KOffice 2 and Open Standards

,----[ Quote ]
| KOffice standardises on OpenDocument. Free Software and open standards are a
| perfect match and the way to move forward for a society to ensure
| vendor-independent access to its data. We're actively participating in the
| OASIS since it matches our value, and we believe that one strong standard is
| in the best interest of our users.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1194021253/

Pencils Down for KOffice Summer of Code Students!

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1188249220/