Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

____/ [H]omer on Thursday 22 November 2007 23:35 : \____

>> BTW, the same goes for the software, crops, energy, and music
>> industry. The conversation I had concentrated on the Nike example.
>
> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2nAe4_b9itk
>
> $1.60 a *day*. How many shoes do these children each make per day? 100?
>
> They're paid a few cents, for something that consumers pay as much as
> $200 for.
>
> Western companies that use sweatshops should be dissolved, and their
> directors imprisoned.
            ^^^^^^^^^^

First you'll need to have the bribed politicians impeached. It's an interesting
scenario and just one among many. RMS, for example, keeps his eye on Killer
Coke. There's not much corruption one can keep track of and combat at one
time. Intel, Microsoft, Blackwater, GW, Samsung (recent corruption), Siemens
(endless briberies),  Cisco (recent fraud), clothing, pharmaceuticals, animal
abuse, ocean/river water contamination, air pollution (emissions), dumping of
electronic waste on overseas populations...

Pick one or pick a few and do what you can......

Network traffic is  being polluted by SPAM. Help the Internet. Adopt *nix.
 03:20:01 up 23 days,  7:18,  4 users,  load average: 0.55, 0.58, 1.14