Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

____/ Kier on Friday 23 November 2007 22:54 : \____

> On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 10:22:26 -0800, Jim Richardson wrote:

>>> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2nAe4_b9itk
>>>
>>> $1.60 a *day*. How many shoes do these children each make per day? 100?
>>>
>>> They're paid a few cents, for something that consumers pay as much as
>>> $200 for.
>>>
>>> Western companies that use sweatshops should be dissolved, and their
>>> directors imprisoned.
>>>

>> yeah! those folks don't need jobs after all. Let 'em starve.
>>
>> One thing I *never* see in these "burn the sweatshops" whines is anyone
>> asking the workers what *they* think.
>
> They're probably glad of the work, but I bet they'd prefer better pay and
> conditions if they could get them. The answer is to improve the conditions
> and pay - gradually, if necessary. The workers will be happier and will
> have more money to contribute to the local economy by buying goods, rather
> than simply having enough money to buy food to keep themselves alive, and
> thereby help to create more jobs.

There's also the ability to control the distribution of wealth, which sadly
enough is controlled by the very same people who want to favour themselves the
most. It's the fox-henhouse situation.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Download Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
Cpu(s): 25.7%us,  4.1%sy,  1.0%ni, 64.7%id,  4.1%wa,  0.2%hi,  0.2%si,  0.0%st