Re: [News] Op-ed: The Future is Free Open Source Smartphones

____/ Thufir on Thursday 22 November 2007 11:18 : \____

> On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 06:06:14 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | News Analysis: Open mobile platforms, such as Google's Android, should
>> usher | in a tidal wave of development that could change the industry.
>> `----
>

> I for one am dissapointed that Android isn't GPL.  Doesn't it use Linux?

Yes, but the licence isn't /that/ bad. I thought it would be proprietary when
the rumours began about 6 months ago (starting with Java, then Linux). It's a
good start. Was it an Apache licence? I can't recall for sure.

Within reason, consider Free software. The best things in life are also free.
         run-level 2  2007-10-30 19:49                   last=