Re: [News] Screenshots and Review of the Linux Distribution That Makes Ubuntu Mint

____/ Rockinghorse Winner on Wednesday 21 November 2007 21:59 : \____

> Been using Mint3/Xfce Edition for a week, and have had good results with
> hardware, other than a strange effect using Thunar (see below).
> The WIFI implementation finally works with no glitches, hurrah!
>
> Very fast bootup, and responsive.  Pretty seamless interface.  I've had one
> issue so far:
>
> Double clicking or right clicking files in Thunar has twice caused my
> computer to shut off unexpectedly.  The whole laptop simply goes dark, and
> you have to cold start it again. I don't know what to think could be causing
> this.  I was powering it from a power inverter from the auto, so maybe there
> is a problem with the inverter, but I have my doubts. Perhaps if I just
> don't use Thunar, I can avoid this in the future.
>
> Otherwise, like I said, am extremely pleased with this version.  Xfce rocks,
> and finally wifi that *just works.*
>
> *R* *H*

Is it possible that X crashes? That doesn't quite sound like it because the PC
should then attempt to restart X server or at least leave you in the command
line. I can't think of a situation where I ever saw this, but there was an old
bug in an old version of GwenView which could crash KWin (no big deal) if you
ALT+F4 in full-screen mode.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | UNIX: Because a PC is a terrible thing to waste
         run-level 2  2007-10-30 19:49                   last=