[News] More GNU/Linux Primers in the British Press

  • Subject: [News] More GNU/Linux Primers in the British Press
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 20:33:09 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Linux for business use

,----[ Quote ]
| Likewise, it’s vital to stress that Linux by itself is of little use. It’s
| the application software that provides most of the functionality that small
| businesses require, such as the ability to host an internet or public web
| server or email and collaboration servers, SQL databases and so on. And one
| of the big advantages of Linux over Windows is that a lot of this application
| software will be bundled with the distro already.
`----

http://www.pcw.co.uk/personal-computer-world/features/2203933/linux-real-3522857

Bootcamp 501: Put a Puppy in your PC, part 3

,----[ Quote ]
| Before we go any further a word or two of reassurance. Running Puppy Linux on
| your PC or laptop will not harm it in any way and no changes are made to the
| files or settings on your hard drive. In fact barring a major hardware
| problem Puppy will run even if the hard drive is faulty, or disconnected
| since all of the files it needs are on the CD and loaded into the PC's RAM
| memory; when the computer is switched off they will be erased.
`----

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/connected/main.jhtml?xml=/connected/2007/11/21/ecrboot21.xml

Recent:

Poll: In a fight between Vista, OS X, Linux, XP...

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://software.silicon.com/os/0,39024651,39169139,00.htm

,----[ Quote ]