[News] Latest Roundups of Compiz Fusion and KDE 4.0 Development

  • Subject: [News] Latest Roundups of Compiz Fusion and KDE 4.0 Development
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 09:58:04 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Compiz Fusion Community News for November 20th: Features, Features, Features

,----[ Quote ]
| Wow, Atlantis now shaping up to look like a real aquarium! Not only are there
| fish swimming around inside your cube, but there is now water! It would be
| illegal not to post a screenshot...
`----

http://smspillaz.wordpress.com/2007/11/20/compiz-fusion-community-news-for-november-20th-features-features-features/

KDE 4: Plasma drag&drop, Digikam multiple storages

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE 4 will be released in the next months, and most of the developers focus
| on polishing. At the same time, the big 3rd party KDE applications are ported
| to KDE 4.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/11/20/kde-4-plasma-dragdrop-digikam-multiple-storages/

Linux has gotten very pretty.

Related:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Fbk52Mk1w

Compiz Fusion 0.5.2 - Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Compiz Fusion is certainly bringing some of the more exciting features found
| on any computing platform to the Linux desktop. With their development 0.5.2
| release there’s just a whole lot more to get excited about. Widgets will most
| likely become insanely popular and should quickly see growth of new third
| party applications for that plugin. “Shift Switcher” is an absolutely great
| way to manage all your active windows and there’s even a Cover Flow like
| ability to flip through those active windows. “Expo” is an exciting new way
| to view all your virtual desktops on one screen. Simply stated, whenever your
| favorite Linux distro releases their next big release, expect to see Compiz
| Fusion bundled with it and prepare to be impressed. Now that I have used
| Compiz Fusion extensively, going back to a regular 2D desktop is just
| something I’m not willing to do. Nice job Compiz Fusion.
`----

http://lunapark6.com/compiz-fusion-052-preview.html

Largo still loves Linux

,----[ Quote ]