[News] [Rival] Man Tries Windows Vista and Decides to Migrate PC to Linux

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Man Tries Windows Vista and Decides to Migrate PC to Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 09:28:55 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
My experience with Windows Vista, in n simple steps

,----[ Quote ]
| At work, I just got a Lenovo X61s — a really nice piece of hardware, and way
| more suited to my everyday needs than the desktop computer it replaced.
`----

http://virtuelvis.com/archives/2007/09/me-and-vista

Windows is still said to be suitable for the desktop. Or is it.....?

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/windowsxp

Related:

"Mommy, it's broken." 2 weeks with Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| After 5 years of development, Vista still isn't ready for prime time.
| It's like taking a car without an engine and putting a new coat of
| paint on it. Sure it looks pretty, but it still doesn't work. I would
| wait at least 6 months if not a year to invest in Vista. In fact I
| personally will be putting XP on my laptop because Vista crashes too
| much for me to use everyday.
|
| This review doesn't take into account the DRM and anti-piracy
| issues that have been brought up by Vista. Without taking those
| into account I still wouldn't buy Vista.
`----

http://www.pocatelloshops.com/blogs/Journal_Science.php?id=2208

Vista isn't ready for non-office use

,----[ Quote ]