[News] Estonia Ends Wondows-only Mindset, Supports Linux Too

  • Subject: [News] Estonia Ends Wondows-only Mindset, Supports Linux Too
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 21:30:29 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Estonia announces public procurement for additional ID-card development

,----[ Quote ]
| The development brings ID-card software to Mac OS and to the majority of the
| Linux distributions. For Linux EIC aims to get it into the installation
| packages.
`----

http://tekkie.flashbit.net/mac-os/estonia-announces-public-procurement-for-additional-id-card-development

Related and quite recent:

Bush, Estonian president talk cyberattacks

,----[ Quote ]
| "When you are a highly Interneted [sic] country like we are, then these
| kinds of attacks can do very serious damage."
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9734382-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

EU should class cyber attacks as terrorism: Estonia

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.france24.com/france24Public/en/administration/afp-news.html?id=070607160418.pfpmeqvt&cat=science