[News] Freedomware Launched, Ontario Linux Fest Approaches and Excites

  • Subject: [News] Freedomware Launched, Ontario Linux Fest Approaches and Excites
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 05:18:14 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Freedomware?

,----[ Quote ]
| Freedomware is not intended as a term to replace Free Software or Open Source
| Software aka FOSS, FLOSS. These terms have their niche and place in society.
| They are well established and we are all better for it.
|
| [...]
|
| We are not reinventing the wheel nor are we asking that Freedomware be used
| in lieu of Free Software or Open Source Software. We are after all, just
| scratching an itch! While simultaneously filling the communications gap that
| exists between the developers and the rest of the world.
`----

http://thetuxproject.com/freedomware_defined

Ontario Linux Fest 2007

http://onlinux.ca/node/33

Countdown - a week to go!

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://onlinux.ca/exciting

| COSSFEST 07 (Calgary Open Source Systems Festival) will bring together
| professionals,
| students and enthusiasts who share a common interest in Open Source software.
`----

http://www.cossfest.ca/mediarelease

Still Time to Register for Ontario LinuxFest—News

http://hades.phparch.com/hermes/public/viewnews/index.php?id=3515