[News] Another Microsoft Parnter (Novell) Possibly Disintegrates

  • Subject: [News] Another Microsoft Parnter (Novell) Possibly Disintegrates
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 05:16:31 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Novell layoffs rumored to be in the works

,----[ Quote ]
| Word on the street is that Novell will be laying off 50-60% of its Workgroup
| division this month, likely toward the middle. This is not surprising given
| that division's lackluster results, but the rumor mill suggests that
| Workgroup isn't the only business unit that will be affected.
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9792124-16.html

Days ago (now confirmed):

Bungie, Microsoft part company

,----[ Quote ]
| According to the email Microsoft was interfering with various aspects of
| Bungie’s business. It claims Voles were fiddling in everything Bungie did,
| from marketing to public relations. According to the email, Microsoft was
| also “stingy” with profits.
`----  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/10/02/bungie-microsoft-part-company

Related:

Cisco CEO Says Microsoft Screws Its Partners Everytime...Just Like Apple.

,----[ Quote ]
| If partnering with Microsoft is not a win-win then it must be a win-lose…in
| Microsoft’s favor of course.
`----

http://www.ceosmack.com/2007/07/25/cisco-ceo-says-microsoft-screws-its-partners-everytimejust-like-apple/

Cringely the Unemployable on the fallacy of Web 2.0, Microsoft ruthlessness,
and the CB radio of our decade

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html