[News] Uruguay is Raising Lots of 'Linux Experts' (At Least 150,000)

  • Subject: [News] Uruguay is Raising Lots of 'Linux Experts' (At Least 150,000)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 09:44:06 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
LATU Uruguay Buying 100,000 OLPC XO's Over Classmate PC!!

,----[ Quote ]
| We now have the results from the first open competition for government
| purchases of laptops designed for 1:1 implementation in public schools, the
| Ceibal Uruguay RFP.

Watch the photos. This is great.

Uruguay Children Try Low-Cost Laptops

| Some children began warming to the computers by playing "Tetris," a
| popular falling-blocks puzzle video game. Later they will explore
| the Linux operating system.

Villa Cardal, Uruguay: Center of worldwide attention

,----[ Quote ]
| The experience was incredible, there are many details to comment
| that I promise to continue blogging in the next days. At the moment
| you can see the gallery of photos that I took in the place.

Kids In Jiri Love XO [One Laptop per Child]!

,----[ Quote ]
| All in all, the day was a huge success and another significant step
| in raising awareness of XO and just how valuable it can and will
| be to the children of Nepal!

The XO in the Real World

,----[ Quote ]
| Some of the children were able to make it to the congress, walking
| around the showroom with their XO?s and showing attendees what they
| liked best about the laptop.

Nigerian students power up their laptops

,----[ Quote ]