Re: [News] Uruguay is Raising Lots of 'Linux Experts' (At Least 150,000)

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
LATU Uruguay Buying 100,000 OLPC XO's Over Classmate PC!!

,----[ Quote ]
| We now have the results from the first open competition for government | purchases of laptops designed for 1:1 implementation in public schools, the | Ceibal Uruguay RFP. `----

http://www.olpcnews.com/countries/uruguay/uruguay_buying_olpc_xo_intel_classmate.html

Watch the photos. This is great.

Related:

Uruguay Children Try Low-Cost Laptops

| Some children began warming to the computers by playing "Tetris," a
| popular falling-blocks puzzle video game. Later they will explore
| the Linux operating system.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070518/hundred_dollar_laptop.html?.v=2

I found this very informative and interesting. Here we have kids learning about Linux, whereas in the US, we have had at least two generations of kids being dumbed down by the use of Windows, leaving operating system exploration to the professionals.

No wonder why all the jobs have been transported overseas.

--
HPT