[News] New Writings and FSF Discussions on IP Abuse

  • Subject: [News] New Writings and FSF Discussions on IP Abuse
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 12:18:52 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
“You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”

,----[ Quote ]
| Full article: Did You Say “Intellectual Property”? It’s a Seductive Mirage by
| Richard Stallman
|
|     It has become fashionable to toss copyright, patents, and trademarks—
|     three separate and different entities involving three separate and
|     different sets of laws—into one pot and call it “intellectual property”.
|     The distorting and confusing term did not arise by accident. Companies
|     that gain from the confusion promoted it. The clearest way out of the
|     confusion is to reject the term entirely...
`----

http://theilab.wordpress.com/2007/09/29/did-you-say-%e2%80%9cintellectual-property%e2%80%9d-its-a-seductive-mirage/

Eben Moglen - Freedom Businesses Protect Privacy

,----[ Quote ]
| Convincing us that we have willingly given away our data and that those who
| now possess it have the right to use it, Moglen proposes voluntary data
| collectives as the answer.
`----

http://www.privacydigest.com/2007/09/29/eben+moglen+freedom+businesses+protect+privacy

GNU/Linux FAQ by Richard Stallman