[News] [Rival] Microsoft Mocked for the Disaster That is Windows Vista

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Mocked for the Disaster That is Windows Vista
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 11:57:43 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Vista - What were they thinking?

,----[ Quote ]
| Yesterday I was on the new laptop and I dragged the Open Office install and
| setup icon on the desktop to the recycle bin and I got a status bar that went
| on for over a minute. I finally canceled it, highlighted the icon, and hit
| the delete key and it deleted it. Little annoyances like this are becoming so
| common in Vista that I start to question Microsoft's ability to test. We are
| talking about a new laptop with next to no new software installed on it and
| minimal usage thus far. What the heck is the user experience going to be like
| after my kids mess with the laptop for the next few months?
`----

http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/eai/madgreek/archives/vista-what-were-they-thinking-19411

Vista downgrade? The "Wow" stops here. And I want a refund.

,----[ Quote ]
| think Microsoft should do a product recall on all its operating systems (yes
| including xp). I think they can afford to do that easily. They should also
| give me back my money ASAP.
`----

http://www.bligblogblag.com/journal/2007/9/30/vista-downgrade-the-wow-stops-here-and-i-want-a-refund.html

Related:

How To Crash Windows Vista In 10 Seconds Or Less

,----[ Quote ]
| Here's the deal: One of the simplest command sequences you can think of
| will take Vista down completely. Hold down the Windows key and the letter
| "E" for 10 seconds or so. After opening up Windows Explorer windows ad
| infinitum, your system will stop responding.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2007/06/how_to_crash_wi.html

Would You put Your Life in Vista's Hands?

,----[ Quote ]
| While on a visit in Romania, where Bill Gates participated in the
| celebration of 10 years since the Microsoft branch has been running
| there, and the launch of Vista, declared that, with the right amount
| of administration, the new Vista could run life support systems in
| hospitals.
`----

http://www.techdo.com/would-you-put-your-life-in-windows-vistas-hands/

Trouble Shooting The Blue Screen of Death

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.terinea.co.uk/blogs/terineatechtips/2007/06/27/trouble-shooting-the-blue-screen-of-death/
http://tinyurl.com/3x7fe3