Re: [News] Compiz v0.6.2 Released

____/ Linonut on Saturday 20 October 2007 16:11 : \____

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>
>>> Wonder if it can eat 2 gigs of memory like Vista does? :)
>>
>> 600-700MB for a 'clean' new desktop, based on what I could gather in blogs
>> and forums. I wonder how much it consumes with 0 apps running /after/ you've
>> installed some programs... I've never used Vista.
>
> And I thought 260 Mb for a 'clean' new Windows XP desktop was
> ridiculous.  Foolish Linonut!
>
> (I'm assuming you're talking about the RAM footprint, not the disk
> footprint).

Let's not get started. ;-)

Seagate: Vista OS requires 250GB to 1TB of storage

,----[ Quote ]
| Seagate exec: To fully leverage Vista, you need 250GB to 1TB of storage
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9038438

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I regularly SSH to God's brain and reboot"
Mem:    515500k total,   452988k used,    62512k free,     1020k buffers