Re: [News] Source Code Escrow Absurdity

____/ [H]omer on Thursday 18 October 2007 08:11 : \____

>> ____/ [H]omer on Thursday 18 October 2007 04:01 : \____
>>
>>> Yet another example of how proprietary licensing can be immoral,
>>> and in this case, actually dangerous.
>>
>> There are cases of lost lives. For example, Microsoft's proprietary
>> formats and software led to chaos in disaster recovery where crucial
>> details could not be fetched. I can find an article if you're
>> interested.
>
> It's the articles you /can't/ find that are most interesting, such as
> the inevitable screw-up that occur in the military, because they are
> using Redmond's finest Slopware. It happens in private business, so it
> stands to reason that it happens there too, of course we'll never know
> the details ... only the consequences. It makes you wonder how many
> people may have died because of a BSOD. Food for thought.

Heh. Military fraud. Forget about BSoD. Some people are actually making big
heaps of money, which grow as a function of deaths in an unnecessary war.

http://www.youtube.com/v/MK1hIbDpH-g

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Web 2.0 is everything that can be spammed" --Unknown
Cpu(s): 26.5%us,  4.6%sy,  1.0%ni, 64.2%id,  3.3%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.1%si,  0.0%st