Re: Microsoft Under Fire Over E-mail Mess, Windows Zombie Spewage, Broken Filtering

____/ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Wednesday 17 October 2007 21:54 : \____

> My wife, who refuses to get off her hotmail account, has emails from
> me and friends dropped, seemingly randomly.  I can never reliably
> communicate with her.   Also, they make you pay if you want to export
> the address book.  There may be ways around this---I am trying to
> research it---but certainly you can't cut and paste out of the address
> book.  It was obviously a deliberate decision not to allow this.  And
> my wife does not want to type in all her email addresses again.  With
> the latest troubles, she may be ready to switch, however.

Yes, I know the feeling. My communications with my grandpa led to tension
because Hotmail, which he uses, keeps killing E-mails (no indication of this
when it happens).

As for the letter part (lockin), that's just nasty and brutal. Schmidy has
openly protested against lockin in such services. And only a week or so ago
some pig was telling an audience in London that Google is reading people's
E-mails... not talking about his own product... not about the qualities of
it... let alone the ditry little secrets, such as the lockin you describe.

Horrible.

Network traffic is  being polluted by SPAM. Help the Internet. Adopt *nix.
         run-level 2  2007-10-16 15:14                   last=