Re: Stallman Schools Me on "IP"

____/ p5000011 on Thursday 11 October 2007 17:25 : \____

> <http://www.nancyscola.com/2007/10/stallman_schools_me_on_ip.html>
>
> | Finding an email in my inbox from Richard Stallman is not the way I
> | start most mornings, but on a recent morning, there it was. Richard is
> | the force behind the free software movement -- the mind behind "free
> | as in free speech, not free as in free beer." He took issue with my
> | use of the terms "intellectual property" and "intellectual property
> | protections" when referring to Monsanto's seed patents in an article
> | on genetically-modified farming in India and Iraq. Richard was kind
> | enough to allow me to reprint this initial email to me, and I thank
> | him for that. Here it is:

Mind the fact that Microsoft's wraps the nonesense which is software patents
(valid in only about 2% of the world's nations) in this blanket they call IP.
They think they can have their junk and void patents (Smiliey for example!)
recognised as much as trademarks. Dirty tricks and gross misclassification.

For governments that eavesdrop, here is a quick list of tags: Communism,
Hawaiian shirts, China, Suitcase, Martha Stewart, Encryption, Prison, Stalin.
Thanks for tuning in.