Re: Google 'dominates world search'

____/ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Thursday 11 October 2007 18:16 : \____

>> Oh dear, Microsoft only manages a miserable 3.44%.
>
> Yes, but raylopez99 is gung-ho on Microsoft stock.  Stock that has
> been pretty flat for 5 years, especially compared to Google and
> Apple.  Microsoft doesn't do so well in markets where they don't have
> a monopoly, do they?  WinCE anyone?  Zune?  Search?

Based on some stuff I've read while on vacation, Microsoft's problem is that
all the talent runs away and only those who are money-obsessed (never mind
ability) actually stay on board. The real value is therefore moving elsewhere.
Windows and Office are legacy with lock-in, so they still bring in some cash.
Windows is a real 'piece of work', so it's a wonder it's still as prevalent as
it is. The EU will change this. I read the ruling and it seems like different
times are ahead.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | BadVista? I guess it makes Vista a dog.
 21:05:01 up 35 days, 19:11,  7 users,  load average: 1.07, 1.39, 1.61