[News] [Rival] Things Look Grim for Windows Vista (Daily Digest)

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Things Look Grim for Windows Vista (Daily Digest)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 12:58:13 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Is it the Beginning of the End for Microsoft?

,----[ Quote ]
| Vista was in development for around 5 years which is a long wait for what
| some have nicknamed “XP Service Pack 4”. This is the tech community’s way of
| saying, “It’s evolutionary, not revolutionary.”
`----

http://www.contactomagazine.com/computers/endofmicrosoft1007.htm

Vista Was Doomed 6 Years Ago

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.applematters.com/index.php/section/comments/vista-was-doomed-6-years-ago/

,----[ Quote ]
| As a result, Microsoft has been forced to launch a premature marketing
| campaign that discusses the Vista successor and remedies that will be taken
| in order to take the sting out of the poor reception of Vista. In addition,
| XP Service Pack #3 will essentially eliminate the need for Vista.
`----

http://www.macobserver.com/article/2007/10/30.4.shtml

Related:

Vista Is Still Plagued by Incompatibilities

,----[ Quote ]
| Nine months since its release, lots of hardware and software products still
| don't work with Microsoft's operating system, including some that are
| certified as Vista compatible.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,138693/article.html#

6 months later, a report card on Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| "I can't live in Vista if the software that I use in my life for productivity
| does not work," said Pirillo, in the third minute of a 52-minute video he
| posted on YouTube.
|
| [...]
|
| He "upgraded," as he called it, back to XP.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070714/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_vista

Allchin's 'Buy a Mac' E-Mail Exposed

,----[ Quote ]