Re: [News] [Rival] Things Look Grim for Windows Vista (Daily Digest)

____/ Linonut on Wednesday 31 October 2007 18:21 : \____

http://www.applematters.com/index.php/section/comments/vista-was-doomed-6-years-ago/

>    So while we sit here today, it\u2019s easy to say that Microsoft
>    really screwed up with Vista, but my opinion is that Vista has been
>    completely doomed since the release of XP. Never again would
>    Microsoft have the trust of its customers. Now when people consider
>    upgrading to Vista, they assume they\u2019re in for a troubling
>    experience.
>
>    . . .
>
>    The really sad part of all this is that Vista is actually a good
>    operating system. Microsoft has fixed many of the problems that
>    should have been resolved years ago. They have added some snazzy
>    features that make life a little easier for users, and while security
>    will always be a problem on Windows, they\u2019ve taken some big
>    steps that should help many users be more secure and have fewer
>    problems. The problem is that you would never know it, because
>    everyone is complaining about the lack of drivers and compatibility
>    problems, and rightfully so.
>
> If what I've seen in Office Depot is any indication, though, it is more
> than just drivers and software.  What a slow puppy.

It is assumed that everyone can afford a new PC, just as it is assumed that
there is a broad enough market for a $5000 Surface. When was the last time you
heard about Microsoft Surface?

That pretty much explains it. They bent a lot of arms (of journalists) at the
time, but that is as practical as that kettle with Wi-Fi, for telling you
{wait for it!} the weather. What a wasteful technology. Lavish and useless.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "The only source is Open Source"
Swap:  1510068k total,   220280k used,  1289788k free,    83580k cached