Re: [News] Company Refuses to Fight Against the GPL, Chooses Compliance Instead

____/ [H]omer on Wednesday 31 October 2007 21:29 : \____

>> | Stay tuned, however, as this is likely not the last lawsuit we will
>> | see here in the U.S. to enforce the terms of the GPL.
>> | `----
>
> It would've been better had it gone to court, at least that would've set
> a legal precedent. Oh well, it'll happen eventually.

'However, for those looking for legal precedent, all may not be lost. “Stay
tuned, however, as this is likely not the last lawsuit we will see here in the
U.S. to enforce the terms of the GPL,” notes Haislmaier.'

http://blogs.the451group.com/opensource/2007/10/31/is-the-monsoon-settlement-a-missed-opportunity/

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "The only source is Open Source"
Swap:  1510068k total,   220280k used,  1289788k free,    83580k cached