Re: [News] Quake Wars 20% Faster on Linux Compared to Vista with ATI Cards

____/ [H]omer on Wednesday 31 October 2007 20:44 : \____

>> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=897&num=3
>
> "For the Linux testing we had used Fedora 7"
>
> Cool!

Yes, Michael, thought about Ubuntu at some stages, but he's with Fedora at
heart. I communicate with him quite a lot.

>> How about some second-class gaming under Microsoft Windows Vista?
>
> No thanks, I'll stick to /real/ operating systems.

I haven't used Windows in a very long time, but do you reckon that WGA popups
grab focus away from the game? What about forced updates (and reboots that
cannot be avoided unless you're logged in as Admin... recall David Berlind's
video and widely-publicised rant).

Network traffic is  being polluted by SPAM. Help the Internet. Adopt *nix.
Cpu(s): 28.0%us,  4.7%sy,  1.0%ni, 62.2%id,  3.7%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.1%si,  0.0%st