Re: [News] At Least 14% of Germany's Tech Readers Use GNU/Linux

____/ Linonut on Wednesday 31 October 2007 11:45 : \____

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> The latest numbers on browser market share in Germany
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | IE 6: 41,15 %
>> | Firefox: 27,08%
>> | IE 7: 25,23 %
>> | Safari: 2,79%
>> |
>> | heise online is also reporting (German language) on this latest browser
>> | numbers and is supplementing them with browser statistics from their own
>> | website (heise online is THE mainstream German computer / tech news
>> | website, like CNET?s news.com). Linux there now holds a growing market
>> | share of around 14% (!).
>> `----
>>
>> http://vale.homelinux.net/wordpress/?p=200
>>
>> Very impressive. The real number would be much higher for many reasons.
>
> Or it could be lower.  Remember, that site is for techies, who tend to
> take to Linux (and other alternatives) better than Windows users, who
> are mostly consumers who don't know shit from shinola about computers
> and operating systems.

Oh, when I wrote "higher" I meant "for that one particular site". Many Linux
browsers/OSes will not be recognised as Linux for one among many reasons
(about half a dozen reasons).

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "World ends in five minutes - please log out"
         run-level 2  2007-10-30 19:49                   last=