Re: [Rival] Apple's New Proprietary Toy Already Hacked

____/ Rex Ballard on Wednesday 31 October 2007 04:45 : \____

> On Oct 30, 4:39 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> Apple OSX 10.5 hacked in one day
>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Unfortunately, even if you own a legitimate copy of Leopard, this kind of
>> | tinkering is against Apple's terms and conditions. Even more unfortunate,
>> | is the fact that Leopard torrents are already swamping the pirate scene.
>> `----
>> http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/10/28/apple-osx-hack...
>
> This may not be a coincidence or a weakness.  It could be that Apple
> may be wiling to cross-license Leopard to other OEMs who are willing
> to properly and legally license the "patch" from Apple.  The profits
> could be enormous and the OEMs are getting sick of the Vista Debacle.
> Vista is doing great things for Microsoft's bottom line, but Gateway
> is gone, CompUSA closed most of it's retail stores so it's now a ghost
> of it's former self, even Best Buy, Office Max, and Staples are
> feeling the pain of Vista.  These days, retail customers can go to the
> mall and wait up to an hour to test drive a Mac after seeing Vista
> running on a machine that is incapable of running Aero-Glass.

Oops. I forget to send all those supporting references I'd promised to append..

Uh-Oh, Vista! PC Sales Levels Are Normal

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/vista/oh_oh_vista_pc_sales_levels_are_normal.html

,----[ Quote ]
| "This is a relic of old-line consumer products companies like Philip
| Morris, or fraudsters like Miniscribe who literally shipped bricks in
| lieu of disk drives to hit sales targets.
|
| [...]
|
| Channel stuffing is the business practice where a company or a sales
| force within a company inflates its sales figures by forcing more
| products through a distribution channel than the channel is capable
| of selling to the world at large.
|
| [...]
|
| We have a game we play around the office here with Microsoft press
| releases. The game is, "Find the words that make the headline true."
| It's not always easy.
|
| [...]
|
| Sony, like Microsoft, announces units shipped, not actually sold.
| This allows both companies to advertise sales numbers based on how
| many units they can force retailers to accept, not on how many units
| customers actually buy; both have considerable market power to push
| excess unsold inventory into the channel."
`----

http://www.informationarbitrage.com/2007/04/microsoft_phili.html

I can recall posting many more such articles about Vista in the past, but it
would take a while to find them.

Here are similar examples where retailers get screwed by XBox360 and Zune
(examples follow), all for the glory of Microsoft press releases that bend the
definition of the word "sale" just as they have bent the words "contradiction"
(OOXML-ECMA), "release candidate" (Vista), "open" (many situations), and many
other words.

Money redefines language (oh! And it can buy Wikipedia editors too, you know...
to rewrite facts and history, as demonstarted by Microsoft when it hired
Jeliffe to edit Wikipedia... and got caught this time, for a change).

Is that 1 Million Zunes Shipped or Sold?

,----[ Quote ]
| Stephen Baker, NPD's vice president of industry analysis, says he believes
| that Microsoft could have shipped 1 million Zunes. "They have not sold 1
| million players through nor do I believe they will by the end of June," he
| said. "That number is likely to be around 750,000."
|
| Microsoft's modest sales goal--at least compared to more than 100
| million iPods--may or may not be in sight, depending on whether
| that number is shipped or sold.
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/games_consumer/is_that_1_million_shipped_or_sold.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535

Rumor: Is Microsoft cheating their [Xbox 360] sales?

,----[ Quote ]
| All in all, there are some sobering thoughts with very broad implications
| for any company if that were true. That being said, would you buy
| from Microsoft, or any other company for that matter, if they were
| cheating their sales?
`----

http://xbox360.qj.net/Rumor-Is-Microsoft-cheating-their-sales-/pg/49/aid/89595

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Download Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
Tasks: 142 total,   1 running, 141 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie