Re: Vote for Linux

____/ Mark Kent on Monday 29 October 2007 14:39 : \____

> This is the crux of the "tipping point" argument, and is why
> tipping point occurs so far before the major adoption curve.

Exactly. I've recently convinced my one of colleagues that Linux is inevitable
in the sense that _at the end_ everyone will use it anyway, so why not start
now? (some say that Linux usage doubled in the past year, for example).

It was then that he decided to move to Linux, one step at a time. From being a
Microsoft fan he has turned to one who does all his programming (for now) in
PHP/MySQL. So far, so good. He'll have his software used in the Hospital soon,
so he's excited (FOSS in  the NHS can make one sneeze).

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Web 2.0 is everything that can be spammed" --Unknown
         run-level 2  2007-10-16 15:14                   last=