Re: Vote for Linux

____/ Mark Kent on Monday 29 October 2007 14:40 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Monday 29 October 2007 10:23 : \____
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> I'll talk to Mark Taylor on Wednesday about whether we can investigate
>>> how the BBC did their ITT.  If they didn't go to tender, they have
>>> almost certainly broken EU law, and risk enormous fines at least, and
>>> perhaps more.
>>
>> The BBC is aware of this. At the moment, the BBC execs makes promises and
>> pray they can run away.
>>

> All the more reason to keep asking the questions, then.  There
> absolutely should have been a tender for this - so lets see a nice big
> juicy fine, *or*, since this is public money (like mine, yours, kier's,
> homer's and so on), then how about seeing some people sacked.  I'm sure
> that they could go back to work for Microsoft.

Ashley Highfield  has just done an audio interview (BBC blogs, IIRC). Quite
defensive. DRM, iPlayer, the whole mess... and the spin (remember it's the
MSBBC that had him interviewed, so he had a powwow, he wasn't 'grilled').

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Othello for Win32/Linux: http://othellomaster.com