Re: [News] New Ubuntu Newletter and Magazine Released

____/ Linonut on Monday 29 October 2007 17:20 : \____

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> Ubuntu's Hype is Misleading (Real Test)
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | So the overall review of Ubuntu was the worst from new user point of view
>> | and PCLOS wins here. My users say that in their opinion, Ubuntu is
>> | overhyped and that it's not for the normal user. It is for those users who
>> | know Linux very well and have high end systems with at least 1 gig ram.
>> `----
>>
>> http://pclosmag.com/html/Issues/200709/page02.html
>
> Hmmmm.  PC LOS magazine ranks PCLOS highest!
>
> Maybe DELL ought to look into it!

It looks like a fine distribution. Unlike Ubuntu, it's rare to find a negative
PCLOS 2007 review. Something about the search engine results leads me to
believing that PCLOS is ranked well in DW for the wrong reasons.

For governments that eavesdrop, here is a quick list of tags: Communism,
Hawaiian shirts, China, Suitcase, Martha Stewart, Encryption, Prison, Stalin.
Thanks for tuning in.
         run-level 2  2007-10-16 15:14                   last=