Re: Linux driver support

Mindy Cohen :
> On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 16:08:23 +0000, Handover Phist wrote:
>
>> "Desktop Linux needs drivers. Right? Of course. So why is Novell's Greg
>> Kroah-Hartman, a Linux kernel developer and head of the Linux Driver
>> Project, having to ask people to tell him about devices that need
>> drivers?"
>>
>> http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS6669895837.html
>
> Here's one for him; Logitech Quickcam 5000. It can be made to work but
> it's not easy and Logitech's forum goes out of it's way to mention that
> they do not support Linux.

I suggest sending a note off to him mentioning that. I though about
mentioning my old Intel webcam but XP never really had any support for
it and the thing is really, really old. I'm probably the only person on
earth who wants the driver!

Logitech does have a few cameras with Linux support (I believe), but
when companies decide not to support something, they can be pretty
stubborn about it.

--
DIE MTV DIE

http://www.websterscafe.com