Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Sales Slow Down, Backlash Increased

____/ [H]omer on Sunday 28 October 2007 01:10 : \____

>> Vista sales slow despite record MS profit
>
> Looks like a lot of stuffed channels are about to burst then, just like
> the Dixons Group.
>
> Oh dear.
>
> Well, that's what you get for buying into Microsoft's hype.
>
> Not to worry though, Microsoft still made lots and lots of money, which
> is after all, all that counts [smirk].

Microsoft sold _a lot_ of Vista, it argues, ... to poor shops. Not to mention
the fact that many of these PCs, if sold, will have Vista replaced by Linux,
XP, dual XP/Linux, or in less fortunate cases -- Vista/Linux.

Vista preinstalled on PCs might be as useful as those Dell machines that used
to be sold (probably still are) with FreeDOS. What made the FreeDOS PCs
slightly better is that you didn't have to burn a weekend or two before
putting the desired O/S on them.

In a perfect world, all high-velocity impacts make fine orange juice
Mem:    515500k total,   444388k used,    71112k free,    10332k buffers