Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Sales Slow Down, Backlash Increased

____/ Mark Kent on Monday 29 October 2007 10:12 : \____

>> ____/ [H]omer on Sunday 28 October 2007 01:10 : \____

>>> Looks like a lot of stuffed channels are about to burst then, just like
>>> the Dixons Group.
>>>
>>> Oh dear.
>>>
>>> Well, that's what you get for buying into Microsoft's hype.
>>>
>>> Not to worry though, Microsoft still made lots and lots of money, which
>>> is after all, all that counts [smirk].
>>
>> Microsoft sold _a lot_ of Vista, it argues, ... to poor shops. Not to
>> mention the fact that many of these PCs, if sold, will have Vista replaced
>> by Linux, XP, dual XP/Linux, or in less fortunate cases -- Vista/Linux.
>>
>> Vista preinstalled on PCs might be as useful as those Dell machines that
>> used to be sold (probably still are) with FreeDOS. What made the FreeDOS PCs
>> slightly better is that you didn't have to burn a weekend or two before
>> putting the desired O/S on them.
>>

> It's quite interesting how Microsoft and their shilcosystem so readily
> obfuscate the difference between wholesale sales (channel stuffing) and
> retail sales (actual "how popular is this with customers" sales).

If the shop says "No" to channel-stuffing, Microsoft will raise the price (or
do the 'trick', which is take away the 'discount', to keep the Feds away).
That's the nature of the Beast and the Shilcosystem. It's like kickbacks.

Why /else/ would shops shout out in protest about Vista and actually run out
money?  Microsoft promised fame and glory with Vista, but the warehouse
remains /overstaffed/ (like the poor businesses' /overdraft/). Razor-thin
margin are as hurtful as razorblades.

The Beast!

> The problem with this is that should you get a situation where the
> stuffed channels fail to sell at anything but a trickle, you will not be
> able to stuff them again, as it were, since they're, well, already fully
> stuffed.

That's why Microsoft always unleashes the press release at the right time. It's
planned. Microsoft Watch (Joe Wilcox) wrote about it and so did Mary Jo Foley.
They play the same tricks with Office, Vista, Zune, and XBox360. I
can /vividly/ recall each case and I posted evidence to COLA.

> So, Microsoft very much need to find alternative channels for stuffing,
> in order to keep their apparent performance up, and deliver satisfaction
> to their shareholders and the stockwatchers.
>
> Thus, my advice to Microsoft would be to find a channel, no matter how
> tight, and stuff it as hard as they can with as much as they can get
> into it, in order to deliver shareholder satisfaction for the next
> quarter.
>
> ... :-D

They have pros that can doctor the figures. It's like Enron. The company
attracts the best professional crimi... err.. 'professionals'.

Roy S. Schestowitz     | Vista - Windows for zombies (and human beings)
 12:20:01 up 12 days, 22:05,  3 users,  load average: 0.23, 0.65, 0.72