Re: [News] BECTA Pretends to Have Changed Amid European Commission Probe for Public Money Misuse

____/ Jim Richardson on Saturday 27 October 2007 20:55 : \____

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/133436/uk-schools-advised-to-avoid-microsoft.html

>>> Mind the fact that they talk about licences, not Windows. They still can't
>>> think outside the Microsoft mindset.
>>>

>> This is a truly common misconception, and some I've been dealing with
>> a lot with our procurement people.  Red Hat are not helping at all by
>> claiming that Red Hat's software is not covered by the GPL and cannot
>> be replicated - their position is often internally quoted, and it does
>> huge damage.
>>

> Where does RH claim that their software isn't covered by the GPL?

Maybe he was referring to their treatment of source code in a similar fashion
to MySQL? I'm sure the "Linux is a cancer" quote is more damaging, but I'm not
sure to who (Linux or Microsoft).

In an Open world without walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates? -- ??
 01:20:01 up 11 days, 11:05,  3 users,  load average: 1.51, 1.04, 0.93