[News] Linux Desktops Should be Considered by Organisations

  • Subject: [News] Linux Desktops Should be Considered by Organisations
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 14:05:42 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Open-source advocate discusses the movement

,----[ Quote ]
| More organizations can and should give Linux desktops a consideration for
| their low-demand applications like point-of-sale, customer support and data
| entry. We'll see that faster than most people are predicting.
|
| Open Source Java is going to be a big story over the next two or three years.
| And you'll continue to see a dramatic shift away from software vendors who
| perpetuate selling expensive licenses and consulting toward organizations
| like SugarCRM or Spike Source.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;394762533;fp;2;fpid;4

Recent:

SA eyes Apple, Red Hat to dodge vendor lock-in

| The South Australian government is looking at a software overhaul that could
| see Apple or Red Hat taking over from Microsoft on the state's PCs. Analysts
| warn, however, skills costs could still lead to a software environment
| dominated by a single platform.
`----

http://www.zdnet.com.au/insight/software/soa/SA-eyes-Apple-Red-Hat-to-dodge-vendor-lock-in/0,139023769,339283166,00.htm?feed=rss

Related: