[News] Trolltech's Revenue up 44%, Red Hat Consolidates

  • Subject: [News] Trolltech's Revenue up 44%, Red Hat Consolidates
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 12:36:09 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Trolltech delivered 44 % revenue growth

,----[ Quote ]
| For the first nine months of 2007, revenues amounted to NOK 160.7 million, an
| increase of 32.7 percent compared to the same period in 2006. The growth is
| primarily driven by the development tools for Qt and Qtopia.
`----

http://trolltech.com/company/newsroom/announcements/press.2007-10-24.7075816054

Red Hat: open source consolidator

,----[ Quote ]
| There have been 72 mergers and acquisitions involving an open source software
| acquirer or target (or both) according to our figures.
|
| Red Hat has been involved with 16 of them, spending the best part of $1.3bn
| (and that’s just the disclosed amount).
`----

http://blogs.the451group.com/opensource/2007/10/25/red-hat-open-source-consolidator/

No profit in Linux? Some beg to differ.

Related:

Trolltech delivered 24 % revenue growth

,----[ Quote ]
| Trolltech announced the financial results for Q2 2007. Trolltech ASA
| generated revenues of NOK 51.8 million in the second quarter 2007, an
| increase of 24 percent from the second quarter 2006.
`----

http://www.huliq.com/31743/trolltech-delivered-24-revenue-growth

Qt, Qtopia to gain lightweight HTML rendering engine

,----[ Quote ]
| Trolltech will integrate the Webkit html rendering engine into forthcoming
| versions of its development frameworks for desktop and embedded applications.

Trolltech porting Qtopia Core to Windows CE

,----[ Quote ]
| The Qt/WinCE tech preview download is reportedly based on Qtopia Core 4.3.
| The only modules not included in the ported API are QtOpenGL and Qt3Support,
| according to the company.

Trolltech releases Qtopia 4.2.0 [as GPL]

,----[ Quote ]
| Qtopia Core - for single-application embedded devices - has long
| been available under the General Public License (GPL) and with this
| new release, open source is now extended across the complete Qtopia
| product family.
`----

http://www.trolltech.com/company/newsroom/announcements/press.2006-12-19.3282791093
http://tinyurl.com/y9blk6

Trolltech Helps to Promote Linux Mobile Industry in Asia

,----[ Quote ]
| They will discuss the development direction of Linux mobile communications
| and the importance of mobile Linux platforms for the global mobile
| communications market.
`----

http://www.huliq.com/32693/trolltech-helps-to-promote-linux-mobile-industry-in-asia

GPL'd Linux stack supports touchscreen phones

,----[ Quote ]
| Trolltech will release its entire application development framework for
| Linux-based mobile phones under the GPL license...

Getting Started with the Trolltech Greenphone SDK

,----[ Quote ]
| Trolltech recently released many smartphone developers' dream combination-the
| Linux-based Greenphone and its open-source Qtopia Phone SDK.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/9756#comment-282691

Trolltech Opens Up Judging Of Qtopia Greenphone Mobile Linux Applications

,----[ Quote ]
| Greenphone, the first open Linux mobile development device for software
| innovation, as well as the Qtopia Greenphone Developer Challenge, a global
| contest to encourage development of Linux-based mobile phone applications,
| has opened the doors for new development.
`----

http://www.huliq.com/29467/trolltech-opens-up-judging-of-qtopia-greenphone-mobile-linux-applications

Trolltech Greenphone developer's SDK

,----[ Quote ]
| So, to begin, what is the Greenphone? Its an Xscale processor (specifically
| a Marvell PXA 270) with 64MB or Ram and 128MB of flash, and a Broadcom
| BCM2121 GSM baseband processor for phone communications. It supports USB
| via a mini usb port, as well as bluetooth. On the whole it struck me as
| fairly comparable to something between a Palm Treo 650 and 700, minus
| the keyboard. Not surprisingly its also sized in terms of processor
| speed and memory to support a Linux-based software stack rather nicely,
| which in this case was founded on a 2.4.19 kernel (more on that later).
`----

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/03/08/review-trolltech-greenphone-developers-sdk/

Trolltech Qtopia Greenphone and SDK Review

,----[ Quote ]
| After having spent a fair bit of time with the Greenphone, it became
| clear to me that the goal of this device was to build and extend the
| Qtopia mobile platform community and provide a means for developing
| software for such a platform. Trolltech is attempting to "ride on
| the shoulders" of such a community, hoping that their new platform
| will take off.
`----

http://www.linuxlookup.com/review/trolltech_qtopia_greenphone_and_sdk_review

Open Linux developer phone opens up more

,----[ Quote ]