Re: [News] OOXML is a Sham. Here's Why.

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 01:11:42 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> XML vs Open

>| I heard Microsoft claiming that OOXML is open because it is in XML. In "open"
>| they mean that anyone can use, process, manipulate, interpret OOXML
>| documents. Is that really so? I say not!
>|
>| [...]
>|
>| The claim from Microsoft regarding OOXML being open because it is an XML
>| format hits that very point I was making. This is just plain wrong and people
>| need to understand why.
> `----
>
> http://lehors.blogspot.com/2007/10/xml-vs-open.html

>From the article:

"This is why the specification is so important, and this is one of the
reasons so many people have been complaining about OOXML. OOXML is so
poorly defined that there is no way two engineers in two different places
in the world can sit down, implement the specification, and except the same
behavior. The OOXML specification has way too many unspecified or
incompletely specified features."

Funny, that's what experts are saying about ODF.

http://testsuite.opendocumentfellowship.org/summary.html