Re: [News] Google throws its weight behind MySQL

____/ [H]omer on Thursday 25 October 2007 22:50 : \____

> Google gets jiggy with MySQL
>
> .----
> |     Code-tastic whispers
> |
> |    MySQL and Google have quietly tied up a coding deal seen as an
> | integral part of the open source database firm's software roadmap
> | for the next few years...
> `----
>
> http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2007/10/25/google_mysql_deal/
>
> It makes sense that Google would wish to be a major contributor, after
> all, they are a major user, perhaps the world's biggest.

I thought they had used a lot of Postgres too (they use some very basic DBs for
sure). Either way, they have many reasons to improve MySQL because their
returns for improved performance are huge.

One person' diction is another's verbiage
         run-level 2  2007-10-16 15:14                   last=