Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft caught lying about stealth updates

____/ [H]omer on Thursday 25 October 2007 22:31 : \____

> OneCare Slopware to blame, apparently:
>
> Microsoft OneCare Silently Changes Automatic Updates

They tried to develop something /themselves/.

Microsoft shipped OneCare unfinished?

,----[ Quote ]
| Since shipping in May, OneCare has failed industry tests and exposed
| users to attack because of a security flaw in the antivirus engine.
| The application also incorrectly flagged Gmail as a virus and in some
| cases quarantined or even deleted complete in-boxes when a single
| e-mail was laden with a virus.
`----

http://news.com.com/2061-10789_3-6168629.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

Also on OneCare:

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/security/0,1000000189,39286351,00.htm

> http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,138939-pg,1/article.html

One person' diction is another's verbiage
         run-level 2  2007-10-16 15:14                   last=