Re: Microsoft ads bashing linux on Linux.com

____/ Jon Harrop on Thursday 25 October 2007 15:33 : \____

> Alex wrote:
>> Just curious, why does Linux.com have Microsoft ads which attack
>> Linux?
>
> If Microsoft offered you money to tell themselves that they don't have
> crippling reliability problems that drive serious users away from their
> platform in droves, wouldn't you take the money? I think it is quite
> harmless. You'd have to be a complete idiot to believe what Microsoft claim
> about the reliability of their OS...
>
> You'll have to forgive my tone: I've been up all night trying to get our
> Windows dev box to stop power-cycling itself. Turns out it had corrupted
> its own filesystem to the extent that it couldn't even boot. It gave
> absolutely no indication of what was wrong or how to fix it. I needed to
> drop to a system recovery command line and type in magic to get it to fix
> itself. I paid £250 for this piece of crap.

I had a FAT32-formatted external Seagate HDD and the FS corrupted itself some
weeks ago. The drive came with FAT32 and I didn't repartition it (laziness),
but it'll go ext3 this weekend.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Free the mind, the source will follow"
 16:20:04 up 9 days,  1:05,  3 users,  load average: 1.37, 0.75, 1.01