Re: [News] The Telegraph Gives Linux a Spot

____/ [H]omer on Wednesday 24 October 2007 13:23 : \____

>> See this article:
>>
>> http://rcpmag.com/features/article.aspx?editorialsid=741
>>
>> Repulsive. Microsoft is like the government of China, even in-house.
>> It's like a cult. Please do follow the link. You'll be amazed and
>> disgusted at the same time.
>
> Seen it before; the guide to what is permissible to say to the Vole.
>
> As you say, repulsive.

Not a real story, but relevant nonetheless:

Microsoft's Future Former CEO Throws Tables During Interview

,----[ Quote ]
| "I was shocked to the point that I passed a wee bit of a toot. It made me
| feel not-so-fresh for the remainder of the interview," Blanston recalled.
|
| When asked about his choice of internet platforms, Ballmer mentioned that the
| browser came pre-loaded on his Dell Laptop and he couldn't figure out how to
| uninstall it, change the homepage, or find where IE was.
|
| Realizing the conundrum he was in after Blanston snickered, Ballmer quickly
| became "overly emotional, like a chick I used to date" according to the
| interviewer. "He told me to shut the hell up or he'd 'beat my hippie ass'."
|
| Ballmer has described Blanston's account of the incident as a "gross
| exaggeration of what actually took place."
`----

http://www.theagencyblog.com/2007/08/ballmers-dirty-.html?digg=digg

Timely:

Behavior May Suggest We're Not Only Human

,----[ Quote ]
| When Emory University primatologist Frans de Waal read a news story that
| said Microsoft's chief executive, Steve Ballmer, had hurled a chair
| across the room on hearing an employee was going to work for rival
| Google, the scientist immediately made a connection with his own
| research: "When I see such behavior, I think of a chimpanzee."
`----

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/18/AR2007031801130.html?nav=rss_nation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballmer#Public_persona

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Sharks are immune to cancer
         run-level 2  2007-10-16 15:14                   last=