Re: [News] The Telegraph Gives Linux a Spot

____/ [H]omer on Wednesday 24 October 2007 10:58 : \____

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/connected/main.jhtml?xml=/connected/2007/10/23/ecrboot22.xml

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2007/oct/24/climatechange.scienceofclimatechange

> Then of course, there's this:
>

> A Gibbon beats Leopard
>
> .----
> | But Ubuntu just worked. The install, disk partitioning and boot
> | manager were straight forward. The package and update managers
> | handle all of the dependencies
> `----
>
> http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/technology/2007/10/19/a_gibbon_beats_leopard.html
>

> Yes, the Guardian is definitely turning out to be my favourite news
> provider ... well next to the P&J, anyway. :)
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Press_and_Journal_%28Scotland%29

Ironically, it's the BBC that goes the other way (and guess who pays for it?).
I only syndicate the science and technology section of the BBC's Web site and
the presence of Microsoft there is disgusting. If Google is mentioned there,
it's often in negative context. Linux? Barely a mention. That's the effect of
having colleagues from Microsoft at lunch.

See this article:

http://rcpmag.com/features/article.aspx?editorialsid=741

Repulsive. Microsoft is like the government of China, even in-house. It's like
a cult. Please do follow the link. You'll be amazed and disgusted at the same
time.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder"
 11:05:04 up 7 days, 19:50,  3 users,  load average: 1.47, 1.42, 1.60