Re: RIAA attacks Usenet

____/ [H]omer on Tuesday 23 October 2007 20:13 : \____

> Verily I say unto thee, that Darth Chaos spake thusly:
>
>> I wish a certain conspiracy radio host would report more about the
>> "War on Linux", but all he wants to talk about on his show and on his
>>  websites is 9/11
>
> Something tells me that on a scale of 1 to 9/11, Microsoft doesn't rank
> very high on Alex Jones top ten conspiracy lists. Now if we could
> somehow convince him there was a link between Pearly and Dubya, you
> might get his attention. Ironically, there probably is (/me says in his
> best conspiracy theorist accent). Aaron Russo would have been a safer
> bet as a protagonist for the cause, had he still be around (RIP).

Microsoft Looks for the Big Guns in OOXML In-Fighting

,----[ Quote ]
| Bill Gates has reportedly been making phone calls to the Secretary of Defense
| and the Secretary of Commerce to push the American National Standards
| Institute to ignore the votes of its advisory committees and vote "yes" on
| ISO standardizing Microsoft's Open Office XML (OOXML) format, the one in
| competition with the OpenDocument Format (ODF) pushed by IBM and Sun.
|
| Gates reportedly picked up the phone when the last INCITS ballot failed by
| one vote to support Microsoft.
`----

http://xml.sys-con.com/read/419573_p.htm

Also Ballmer.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/06/04/ballmer_for_mccain_administration/

Yes, a so-called 'patent terrorist' for government. Maybe he'll even leap on
stage when half a million civilians get killed for oil.

Ballmer too has been caught making calls to the US government in order to flip
the majority vote against OOXML. And guess what? Pearly and Sweaty succeeded
because the US eventually voted "Yes" after it was going to be a "No" (they
enquired before the final vote).

I sometimes wonder if Pearly has more corruption power than Dubya and his
assistants /combined/. He already pollutes the press with that 'philanthropy'
nonesense (he literally owns the press). I don't think that Dubya owns
Murdock.

everytime you say things like this i just think of that cult of people
who send around .doc files. i dont want to communicate with people who
talk in .doc format, but they do not wish to use something else, so
they discredit those without word. --Ed, c.o.l.a.