[News] Linux Distribution Receives Award and Money (and Another Linux Product Wins Award)

  • Subject: [News] Linux Distribution Receives Award and Money (and Another Linux Product Wins Award)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 08:18:02 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
NepaLinux receives APC FOSS award

,----[ Quote ]
| The NepaLinux project is run by Madan Puraskar Pustakalaya from Patan.
| NepaLinux is a Nepali-localised Debian and Morphix distribution based on
| GNU/Linux. The main contribution of the project is allowing non-English
| speakers to use GNU/Linux and to develop it.
`----

http://www.nepalnews.com.np/archive/2007/oct/oct23/news06.php

ATCA conference deems virtualization "best of show"

,----[ Quote ]
| VirtualLogix won its first "Best of Show" award at the recent AdvancedTCA
| Summit. Its Linux-based VLX for Network Infrastructure real-time
| virtualization software won in the "Best Software Product" category at last
| week's conference in Santa Clara, Calif., which showcased technology adhering
| to the Advanced Telecom Computing Architecture (AdvancedTCA).

Linus Torvalds Nominated for Prince of Asturias Prize

,----[ Quote ]
| Spanish newspaper El País is reporting that Linus Torvalds has been
| nominated for the prestigious Prince of Asturias Prize (Premio Príncipe
| de Asturias) in the technical and scientific research category.
`----

http://www.linux.org/news/LO2007/torvalds_asturias.html

Ubuntu Receives Readers' Choice Award for 'Best Linux Distribution'

,----[ Quote ]
| The Enterprise Open Source Readers' Choice Awards program is
| community-driven, and participating products are nominated and chosen by the
| readers of Enterprise Open Source Magazine and the open source community at
| large.
`----

http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2007/7/emw537863.htm

Ubuntu Receives Editor's Choice Award from PC Welt

,----[ Quote ]
| Canonical Ltd, the commercial sponsor of Ubuntu, today announced it
| has scooped another award for Ubuntu, its leading-edge Linux
| distribution. At the PC Welt awards dinner held during the CeBIT
| Exhibition in Hanover, on Friday 16th March, Ubuntu was awarded
| the "Editor's Choice Award for Open Source".
`----

http://prweb.com/releases/2007/3/prweb513884.htm

Ubuntu Wins Most User Friendly Linux Distribution Award

,----[ Quote ]
| Mark Shuttleworth, Founder of Ubuntu, commented "We are all extremely
| proud of the impact Ubuntu has made, and proud that Ubuntu is seen as
| one of the finest examples of user-friendly Linux. With the commitment
| and dedication of our excellent community, and with the huge leaps in
| functionality and usability upstream, we are confident that Ubuntu and
| the open source world can continue to provide our users with a high
| quality, modern experience."
`----

http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2006/11/emw481227.htm

SYS-CON Announces 2007 Linux and Enterprise Open Source Reader's Choice Awards

,----[ Quote ]
| The awards recognize the best tools, solutions, and education offerings in 13
| categories. Winners were selected through reader-submitted nominations...
`----

http://linux.sys-con.com/read/404017_p.htm

ServerWatch Product Excellence Awards: The Winners Are ...

,----[ Quote ]
| Last week, the ballot box on the Second Annual ServerWatch Product
| Excellence Awards was sealed shut and the votes were counted. This
| week, we bring you the results.
`----

http://www.serverwatch.com/trends/article.php/3681546

2007 Open Source CMS Award Launched with $20,000 Prize Fund

,----[ Quote ]
| Following on from the success of the inaugural Open Source Content Management
| System Award, UK publisher Packt is pleased to announce details of its follow
| up.
`----

http://pr-gb.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4996&Itemid=9

SourceForge unveils the winners of the 'open-source Oscars

,----[ Quote ]
| Popular open-source software development site SourceForge.net hosted the
| equivalent of the open-source Oscars on Thursday evening, billing the event
| as a big party, not a painfully long and formal awards ceremony.
|
| [...]
|
| The awards are one way SourceForge.net has discovered to highlight strong and
| popular performers among the more than 150,000 open-source projects the site
| hosts, according to Ross Turk, SourceForge.net's community manager.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/072707-sourceforge-unveils-the-winners-of.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

The 2007 Rave Awards
Mark Shuttleworth | Ubuntu