Re: Microsoft Accepts European Ruling

> After takin' a swig o' grog, BearItAll belched out this bit o'
> wisdom:
>> nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>>> Yes, gubbment intervention in our lives is getting out of hand,
>>> isn't it?  Ever since Sherman burned Atlanta.  Now they won't
>>> even let us keep our slaves...
>> You can, but you are not allowed to call them slaves anymore, you
>> have to call them The Wife.
>
> No, you have to call them "Knowledge Workers".  Formerly known as
> "Developers".  Formerly known as "Coders".  Formerly known as
> "Programmers".

Or the even more updated version, which is:

HB1-visa IT human resources, formerly known as outsourced IT human
resources, formerly known as IT human resources, formerly known as
knowledge workers, formerly known as software engineers, formerly known
as developers, formerly known as coders, formerly known as programmers,
formerly known as mathematicians, formerly known as Neanderthals,
formerly known as monkeys.

This evolution can be roughly depicted thus:

http://www.truthtree.com/images/evolman.jpg

As for the highly cynical term "human resources", that tends to remind
me of mankind being reduced to the level of nothing more than a barrel
of gloop, like Soylent Green:

http://www.bbspot.com/Images/News_Features/2006/07/soylent_green.jpg

>From mathematician to barrel of gloop, in just a few generations.
How impressively mankind has evolved, eh?

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "[Microsoft] are willing to lose money for years and years just to
|  make sure that you don't make any money, either." - Bob Cringely.
|  - http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html

 01:24:23 up 75 days, 19 min,  2 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.18, 0.21