Re: [News] New Interview with Linus Torvalds

  • Subject: Re: [News] New Interview with Linus Torvalds
  • From: BearItAll <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 09:10:43 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 08:03:47 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Linus: The market will take care of itself.
<>
> Microsoft had paid {Andrew S Tanenbaum} to say
> {Linux was stollen from him}.

The market clearly can not take care of itself when we have paid vandals
sponsored by MS going round like a street gang beating up anyone who
doesn't wear their teeshirt.

I suppose the US government would have to turn a blind eye to MS, not only
because of the nice tax income but because MS could say 'Well you lot paid
Sadam to invade Iran and supplied him with the weapons to do that with, so
we saw it as US policy to invade who ever and where ever we fancy'.

Then in the same set of posts today we have Intel doing simmilar to MS 'oi
vendors, if you refuse to sell AMD we'll give you $n off each of our
processors you sell', I wonder if that was followed by 'If you don't agree
with this we will put you at the bottom of our list, so if we're short one
month you will not get any'.

Not much different to 'Pay us protection or we'll break your legs'.

Thank goodness the world is less willing to put up with this sort of
thing.

But from a Linux supporters point of view we ought to remember all of
those years when AMD gave the Linux community amazing CPUs, with
documentation, with the backing/support/input from IBM's teams. Whilst
Intel, although they weren't actively anti-linux, neither did they support
us.