Re: Another Acacia-Microsoft Link... BayStar

____/ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Sunday 21 October 2007 19:49 : \____

> On Oct 21, 10:27 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> Another Indirect Link is Found Between Microsoft and Acacia (Patent Troll
>> That Attacks Linux)
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | It turns out that BayStar was one of the investors in Acacia Research
>> `----
>>
>> http://boycottnovell.com/2007/10/21/baystar-acacia/
>>
>> Doug found this.
>
> Here's the quote from groklaw:
> <Quote>
> Guess who has Acacia Research, the parent of IP Innovation, now suing
> Red Hat and Novell over alleged patent infringement, in their
> portfolio, or at least demonstrably did in 2006? Baystar [PDF]. What a
> small world. Who'd think that the very same Baystar, whose Lawrence
> Goldfarb told the court in the SCO v. IBM litigation that it was
> Microsoft that induced it to invest in SCO would also be an investor
> in the company now attacking Red Hat and Novell? Here's Acacia
> Research's most recent 10K, by the way, in case you'd like to learn
> all about its patents and infringement lawsuits. It mentions something
> about competition in the patent troll business:
> </Quote>
>
> I think someone referred to these agents (SCO, Acacia) as Microsoft's
> "sockpuppets".  Very appropriate.  The corporate equivalent of our
> cowardly, nymshifting, crossposting troll here on cola.  The real
> cowards are Microsoft, who pay others to do their dirty work for them.

Yes, I thought about the parallels before (trolls as proxies).

Microsoft is a gangsters operation, so who would be surprised? Look who runs
the company.

“I’m thinking of hitting the OEMs harder than in the past with anti-Linux. …
they should do a delicate dance”

             –Joachim Kempin, Microsoft OEM Chief

“Fucking Eric Schmidt is a fucking pussy. I’m going to fucking bury that guy, I
have done it before, and I will do it again. I’m going to fucking kill
Google.”

             –Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO

“Linux is a cancer that attaches itself in an intellectual property sense to
everything it touches.”

             –Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO

“We should whack them [Dell over Linux dealings], we should make sure they
understand our value.”

             –Paul Flessner, Senior Vice President, Server Applications Unit

“I’d be glad to help tilt lotus into into the death spiral. I could do it
Friday afternoon but not Saturday. I could do it pretty much any time the
following week.”

             –bradsi, Microsoft

“We need to slaughter Novell before they get stronger….If you’re going to kill
someone, there isn’t much reason to get all worked up about it and angry. You
just pull the trigger. Any discussions beforehand are a waste of time. We need
to smile at Novell while we pull the trigger.”

             –Jim Allchin, Platform Group Vice President

Insider Trading Hasn't Affect Microsoft Stock - Yet

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070713/40947_id.html?.v=1

,----[ Quote ]
| My background is finance and accounting....
|
| However, the Gates Buffet foundation grant is nothing more than a shell
| game in which control of assets for both Gates and Buffet remain the same.
|
| THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT THE ACCUMULATION OF WEALTH BY THESE TWO WILL BE
| MUCH MORE MASSIVE BECAUSE THEY WILL NO LONGER HAVE TO PAY ANY TAXES.
`----

http://www.mail-archive.com/futurew...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg03323.html

Ecuador Tax Agency Closes Microsoft Branch Offices For 7 Days

,----[ Quote ]
| "We have twice requested balances, payment reports and complete tax
| information, but the company hasn't given it to us, so in accordance with our
| laws we have proceeded with the closure," the SRI official in charge of the
| proceeding said.
`----

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/djf500/200710041610DOWJONESDJONLINE000810_FORTUNE5.htm

Microsoft Office raid in Hungary

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/07/26/ap3957835.html

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.billparish.com/msftfraudfacts.html

,----[ Quote ]
| "Microsoft has clearly entered a phase of self destructive behavior
| that began with the "tissue paper campaign" in 1995. This report will
| document this campaign for the first time."
`----

http://reactor-core.org/microsoft-pyramid.html

The Goldfarb Declaration - Updated: MS Statement

,----[ Quote ]
| According to the Declaration, Richard Emerson was not the only
| Microsoft employee Goldfarb was dealing with in connection with the
| BayStar investment in SCO. He mentions by name two others, from two
| other departments.

| "There you have it. At least a third of SCO's entire market
| capitalization, and their entire current cash reserves, is payoffs
| funnelled from Microsoft. Their 10Qs reveal that every other line of
| cash inflow is statistical noise by comparison. The brave new
| SCO source business model is now clear: sue your customers, shill
| for Microsoft, kite your stock, and pray you stay out of jail."
`----

http://www.catb.org/~esr/halloween/halloween10.html

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Have you hugged your penguin today?
 03:05:03 up 5 days, 11:50,  3 users,  load average: 2.74, 2.09, 1.93