Re: [News] "Spread Open Media" Launched by OGG Vorbis Creators; MSBBC Mumbles about Linux

____/ Mark Kent on Monday 10 September 2007 08:17 : \____

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/09/06/bbc_iplayer_epetition_downing_street_mac_linux_coming/

>>> Heads will roll on this, it's just a question of time.  We know who to
>>> go for.
>>
>> This you will not believe! The BBC site, which did not cover the protest,
>> has just taken this BS and spun it further to make it seem like it'll be
>> cross platform, as in XP *AND* Vista.
>
> You can tell that this is being written by ex-Microsoft people, they are
> using 100% of the Microsoft tactics which we know so well.  Fortunately,
> because we know them so well, they are easy enough to counter.
>

>> This is a hoax! As it stands, they don't do anything. The government says,
>> "why do you ask *us*?" and "we agree with the Trust". The press says, "oh,
>> well... that means that there's no issue anymore and the MSBBC will get its
>> act together."
>
> Gordon Brown will be looking for votes soon, so this will become a
> significant issue.

Unless the press is used to make people (not techies) believe that Microsoft is
benign.

>> That type of spin is a fiasco! It's like Microsoft claiming victory when it
>> lost in the ISO. Several months ago, amid another huge loss for OOXML, Brian
>> Jones (of Microsoft) claims peaceful co-existence and someone who commented
>> in BetaNews said that Brian pulled a Bush, as in declaring a victory amid a
>> big disaster (Iraq's invasion followed by "we win"). *sigh*
>>

> It would be interesting to see what coverage the BBC has made of the
> OOXML debates, in particular, the clearly visible corruption.

None of this was covered. I watch their technology RSS feed like a hawk.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "My signature is never intended to be offensive"
Mem:    515500k total,   444884k used,    70616k free,     2064k buffers