Re: [News] [Rival] Nothing New to Find in Vista, Apart from Microsoft Spin, Lies, and Hype

  • Subject: Re: [News] [Rival] Nothing New to Find in Vista, Apart from Microsoft Spin, Lies, and Hype
  • From: William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 23:19:48 +0100
  • Blinky-uip: http://improve-usenet.org
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
It was on, or about,  Sun, 09 Sep 2007 23:32:32 +0200, that as I was
halfway through a large jam doughnut, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

> Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 14:14:47 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Why upgrade to Vista?
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>>| Now let's discuss Microsoft's four reasons to upgrade. First, the |
>>>improvements in searching for data. I use Google Desktop which gives me
>>>| Google's world class search functionality across all my files and |
>>>emails. The cost...Zero! It runs great on XP. No need to upgrade for |
>>>this.
>>> `----
>>>

> http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/eai/madgreek/archives/why-upgrade-to-
vista-18534

>> Oh, please.  Upgrading to IPv6 for *ANYONE* on *ANY* OS is not going to
>> be easy.  And there are a million reasons for that, most of which have
>> to do with the fact that few applications, and even fewer networking
>> products support anything other than IPv4.
>>
>> Even under Linux.
>
> Really, Erik?
> Did you notice that linux distros include IPv6 since years by default?

Certainly I recall that SuSE 6.4 (March 2000) had it, & it may have been
included in versions earlier than that.

> What difficulty might there be to "upgrade" to a version which is
> already installed by default since years?
> Did you miss on your "linux installation" (speak: LiveCD) that since
> years you where told how to *disable* IPv6 for ISPs which don't adhere
> to standards and you have longer than needed timeouts?
>
> Are you really *that* clueless?

You need to ask?

--
Surely you are not comparing the non-existent Linux (at that time) with
(Windows)98? - Hadron aka Hadron Quark, Hans Schneider, & Damian O'Leary