[News] Government Plays Ball for Conviceted Monopoly abuser, Admin Fights Back

  • Subject: [News] Government Plays Ball for Conviceted Monopoly abuser, Admin Fights Back
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 01:23:29 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Convicted BitTorrent Admin Fights for his Right to Use Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Scott told TorrentFreak earlier: “I think that this whole situation is just
| one more way that they can impose their will onto me. It isn’t the fact that
| I have to be monitored that bothers me, it is the fact that I have
| restructure my life (different OS, different software on that OS) and that
| they would require (force) me to purchase software while I a currently
| unemployed and relatively unemployable with the 2 felonies that they gave
| me.”
`----

http://torrentfreak.com/convicted-bittorrent-admin-fights-for-right-to-use-linux-070908/

Related:

FBI ducks questions about its remotely installed spyware

,----[ Quote ]
| There are plenty of unanswered questions about the FBI spyware that, as we
| reported earlier this week, can be delivered over the Internet and implanted
| in a suspect's computer remotely.
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9747666-7.html

Microsoft patents the mother of all adware systems

,----[ Quote ]
| The adware framework would leave almost no data untouched in its quest to
| sell you stuff. It would inspect "user document files, user e-mail files,
| user music files, downloaded podcasts, computer settings, computer status
| messages (e.g., a low memory status or low printer ink)," and more. How could
| we have been so blind as to not see the marketing value in computer status
| messages?
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070717-microsoft-patents-the-mother-of-all-adware-systems.html

Microsoft Allegedly Bullies and Bribes to Make Office an International Standard

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft did not respond to several calls requesting comment.
`----

http://www.wired.com/software/coolapps/news/2007/08/ooxml_vote

Microsoft Looks for the Big Guns in OOXML In-Fighting

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://xml.sys-con.com/read/419573_p.htm