[News] Gaming Beauty with ATI's Latest Drivers (Bound to Freedom)

  • Subject: [News] Gaming Beauty with ATI's Latest Drivers (Bound to Freedom)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 01:18:48 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Radeon HD 2900XT Linux Game-Play

,----[ Quote ]
| All week we have talked about the performance of the 8.41 display driver and
| the performance on various ATI graphics cards from the R300 series to the
| latest R600 graphics card. In some of these articles, we have briefly
| commented on the image quality, but in this article we will be looking
| exclusively at the image quality while gaming with the ATI Radeon HD 2900XT
| 512MB under Linux.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=829&num=1

2 out of 3 graphics acceleration player are already in the open source (Free
software) zone. Time for NVidia to join in.

Recent:

AMD 8.41 Display Driver Preview

,----[ Quote ]
| Whether you are using a Radeon X300 purchased a few years ago or the Radeon
| X1950PRO, the 8.41 driver is noticeably faster. How much faster? In many
| cases it is about 50% faster while in some configurations it may go as high
|                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| as 90% or more. In fact, in some benchmarks the Mobility Radeon X300 was over
| 10x faster!
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=821&num=1

Related: